- The meeting was gaveled to order by Grand Knight Arthur Knight at 7:00pm.
- The Acting Warden vouched that all present were current members.
- The opening prayer was recited.
- The Pledge of Allegiance was recited by all.
- Acting Recorder Eugene Scribe conducted the roll call of officers and reported the following:
(P)resent | (A)bsent | (E)xcused | (V)acant
Grand Knight - Arthur Knight P Deputy Grand Knight - Merlin Knight P Past Grand Knight - Vacant V Chaplain - Vacant V Chancellor - Vacant V Recorder - Vacant V Financial Secretary - Cornelius Knight P Lecturer - Vacant V Treasurer - Vacant V Advocate - Vacant V Warden - Vacant V Inside Guard - Vacant V Outside Guard - Mordred Knight P 1 Year Trustee - Vacant V 2 Year Trustee - Vacant V 3 Year Trustee - Vacant V District Deputy - Mr. District Deputy A
The Grand Knight advised that he had appointed the following acting officers for the meeting:
Acting Recorder - Eugene Scribe Acting Warden - Bob Knight
- Report - Things are picking up around the parish in preparation for Christmas. All Knights are thanked for their contributions.
- The minutes of the October 19, 2017 meeting were approved as with the following corrections: The amount donated in item 5 was $100 not $200.
- Report of Admission Committee and Reading of Applications
Report - One proposed member has been located.
- Application of Young Squire for New Membership - Sponsored by Arthur Knight
Balloting for Membership
Application of Young Squire was approved
- Application of Young Squire was approved
The following persons where iniatiated into the Order as Knights in the First Degree:
Grand Knight's Report
- Report - The Charity Appeal is well under way. Thank you to all who are helping.
Account Balance Chq $5,524.22 Savings $9,132.00
Receipts and VouchersThe Grand Knight read the following:
Receipts of Treasurer to Financial Secretary:
Description Amount Dues $200.00
Treasurer’s Voucher of Deposit
Description Amount Dues $50.00
Reading of Bills and Communications
- Supreme - A letter was received from the Supreme Council regarding the Coats for Kids program.
Action Item: The trustees will follow up with Supreme on the outstanding Coats for Kids order.
Receipts of MeetingThe Financial Secretary reported on the following receipts of the meeting:
Description Amount Dues $200.00
Report of Auditors and Trustees
- Donations - The trustees review all requests for assistance and recommend each as follows.
Action Item: Bob Knight will deliver the cheque to SSVdP tomorrow.
Chancellor's Report on Vocations - No Report
Report of Service Program Committes - No Reports
Old Business - None
- Christmas Dinner - A discussion about the Christmas dinner catering resulted in many suggestions for the committee.
Good of the Order
The Grand Knight asked if any brother present knew of a member of the council, or an unassisted brother of the Order, sick or in distress. The following names were put forward and the council joined in a prayer for their well being:
The Grand Knight turned conduct of the meeting over to the Worthy Lecturer for the enjoyment, edification, and instruction of all present.
- Lesson - A lesson on the Luminous Mysteries was presented.
The Grand Knight reassumed conduct of the meeting.
- The closing prayer was said by all.
- Grand Knight Arthur Knight declared the meeting adjourned at 8:06pm.
Minutes recorded by Acting Recorder Eugene Scribe.